6 Random Things

Vickie Howell tagged me today on her blog. Well, since I'm behind on Halloween plans, procrastinating on today's Para Abnormal cartoon and have nothing else more exciting to post about, here goes (besides, I'm also a sucker for this stuff).

First....the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Here's 6 random things about me...


In grade school, I was tired of this kid who always made fun of me. At recess, I "sucker" punched him. Just then, the bell rang. I spent the rest of the afternoon feeling his glare across the classroom. There was a countdown to 3 pm by the other kids to see me get my butt kicked. Hoo boy, did I. Just the impression on my back from the chain link fence I was beaten against lasted for days let alone the other bruises.





I was taking the garbage out one night and nearly killed by an unholy demonic raccoon with teeth the size of steak knives. As it climbed from the trash can, it stood up 9 feet high. Acid drool dripped from it's tentacle like tongue. I held the Hefty bag in my hands up as a shield and ran away.

That's the way I remember it.





A cheese sculptor was a guest when I was a prop guy on ABC's Home Show. He had carved the show's logo into a huge 12" thick block of cheddar. After taping, it was passed on to "craft service". No one touched it. As a cheese lover and hating wasted food, I took it home and lived off of it for weeks.






I went to Disneyworld for the first time as a little kid. Most of my memories are things seen from between my fingers. I was scared on all the indoor rides like Snow White and Peter Pan. The Haunted Mansion was off the list early. I remember feeling panic just seeing it on the map even before we went into the park.






I forgot my keys one day and tried to get into my house through the doggie door. Like a cheap TV sitcom gag, I got stuck. I was more in the house than out so I continued to squeeze my way through. My pants came off in the process.







Many years ago, I was far "stupider" than today. One day, my Mom needed a ride home from work. While wearing a Star Wars t-shirt and a Mickey Mouse ball cap, I got pulled over. I found out I had an arrest warrant issued due to ignored traffic violations. Not being a threat to society, I was chained to a bench at the station until I made bail. Thank God, because my geeky outfit wouldn't of helped me make friends in "lock up".


So, as the rules state, here's who I tag...

Beetlegrass
AWOL
Friendship Night
Sweater Surgery
Monica Lowe
and anyone who reads this blog and wants to play along (yea, might be cheating but what the heck).

3 comments:

  1. Classic Dave Lowe -- I can hear your voice. Super hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny, particularly the doggie door and the jailhouse.
    Love the sitcom idea.
    It could be called "That's Dave!", where your trademark move would be a shoulder shrug and a "whattayagonnado?" expression on your face.
    With a laugh track.

    I'm still mulling over my list whilst I work on a deadline. I'm coming to grips with how uneventful my life has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm a sucker for these things too. Ok. You're on.

    ReplyDelete