The Surreal Default Setting.

I hope I'm not alone here. Does anyone else have a surreal default setting in their brain? You know, when you say, do or think odd things? It usually happens alone when almost fully awake during your morning routine or when very tired during the day doing something mundane.

It's when you sing a famous song but replace the words with lyrics about your bathroom towel or toenails needing to be clipped. It's when you interview yourself with questions thought in your head but actually answer out loud while in the shower. It's when you do a spontaneous silly walk through the kitchen.

My biggest quirk is random, made up "B" movie catch phrases and weird, lame characters with goofy names. This morning I was taking the Half and Half out for my coffee and knocked over a bottle of Hot Sauce. Then this pops into my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment